Five Nerazzurri players have made it to the EURO2020 quarter-finals.
As for Marten de Roon‘s Netherlands, Mario Pašalić‘s Croatia, Robin Gosens‘s Germany, they ended their EURO2020 journey in the Round of 16.
We are very proud of what Marten, Mario and Robin have accomplished and we are sure that they will be able to reach other important goals with their national teams in the future.
The quarter-final matches will be held on Friday 2 and Saturday 3 July and, as in the Round of 16, the Nerazzurri won’t face each other. You can find the EURO2020 quarter-final schedule below.
On Friday 2 July Remo Freuler‘s Switzerland, Rafael Toloi and Matteo Pessina‘s Italy will be playing in the quarter-finals:
– Saint Petersburg Stadium, 18.00 CEST: Switzerland-Spain
– Football Arena Munich , 21.00 CEST: Belgium-Italy
On Saturday 3 July it will be the turn of Joakim Mæhle‘s Denmark and Ruslan Malinovskyi‘s Ukraine:
– Baku Olympic Stadium, 18.00 CEST: Czech Republic-Denmark
– Olimpico in Rome, 21.00 CEST: Ukraine-England
Here are the results of the Nerazzurri in the Round of 16:
– Saturday 26 June: Wales-Denmark 0-4 (Joakim Mæhle played the whole match and scored the third Danish goal)
– Saturday 26 June: Italy-Austria 2-1 after extra-time (Matteo Pessina came on in the 67th minute and scored the second goal for the Azzurri on 105 minutes, Rafael Toloi on the bench)
– Sunday 27 June: the Netherlands-Czech Republic 0-2 (Marten de Roon as a starter, substituted on 73 minutes)
– Monday 28 June: Croatia-Spain 3-5 after extra-time (Mario Pašalić featured as a substitute on 79 minutes and scored the third Croatian goal in the 92nd minute, tied the game 3-3 and forced extra-time)
– Monday 28 June: France-Switzerland 3-3 at the end of extra-time / 4-5 on penalties (Remo Freuler played the whole match)
– Tuesday 29 June: England-Germany 2-0 (Robin Gosens as a starter, substituted on 88 minutes)
– Tuesday 29 June: Sweden-Ukraine 1-2 after extra-time (Ruslan Malinovskyi was subbed on in the 61st minute)
Click here for the news on the Nerazzurri journey in the group stage.
In the photo © Rafael Toloi